Troubleshooting to the Induction Cooker and Their Error Codes (HD4928/HD4929)gadget
If you have been pissed off by your newly bought induction cooker, then you need not worry anymore as I have made the solution available for you. If in case your device or the induction cooking machine does not work or function properly or if the quality of food goes insufficient, then you may read the article further. If this article is unable to solve your problem, kindly contact to your respective brands’ service centre, or its Consumer Care Centre in your country.
Now you may go with the different problems that may take place in your machine to which the solution has been given.
1. When the power button does not respond to On/Off command, it means that there is a connection problem. Do check whether the induction cooker is connected to the mains and the plug is inserted firmly into the wall socket or not.
2. When the appliance beeps continuously and suddenly stops working,it happens when unsuitable cookware is kept on the cooking plate or if the cookware has been removed from the cooking plate during cooking. Ensure that the cookware is made of steel, iron or aluminium with stainless steel cladding base with a diameter larger than 12cm.
The cookware was placed outside of the cooking zone by you.
3. When the cookware is not getting heated up to the required temperature, this situation arises when the bottom of the cooking utensil is not flat. So use a flat bottom cookware. If the problem persists, consult your brands’ dealer or their authorised service centre.
4. When the appliance is not switching from one preset mode to another, in this case, turn off the machine and restart with another cooking mode.
5. When the cooking temperature of preset modes either becomes too high or too low, in such a case, switch to manual mode for better control of temperature. You can even adjust the cooking temperature in the following modes: – manual, roti/dosa, stir fry and pressure cook.
6. After pressing one of the buttons of cooking mode, the light of the selected mode does not glow, in this case, the light has become defective. Consult your brands’ dealer or their authorised service centre.
7. When the cooking temperature changes automatically in some preset modes, the cooking temperature changes automatically in gravy mode only. For better control over the temperature switch to manual mode.
8. If the fan starts working without the appliance being started, press a cooking mode button after you have pressed the central (On/Off) button. If you do not press any of the cooking style buttons within one minute, the induction cooker will turn off, and the fan continues to work for a while to cool down the machine.
Error Codes and their Meanings
- E1 or E2: The primary sensor is in short circuit or open circuit state. Consult your brands’ dealer or their authorised service centre.
- E3 or E4: When this error code is displayed on screen it means the heat sink sensor is either in a short circuit or open circuit state. Ask your brands’ dealer or their approved service centre.
- E5 or E6: The voltage is sometimes too low or too high. Wait for the voltage to stabilise and try again.
- E7: The fan has a malfunction. Consult your brands’ dealer or their authorised service centre.
- E8: The primary sensor is not working. Ask your brands’ dealer or their approved service centre.
- E9: The fuse has malfunctioned. Ask your brands’ dealer or their supported service centre.
I hope this article solves your problem out.